This solenoid-operated, 4-way, 2-position cartridge is a direct-acting, balanced spool directional valve. The transition between positions is closed. The closed transition greatly reduces the loss of oil when shifting which can be of particular importance in pilot control circuits.
- Valve capacity is based on port 3 as the inlet and port 1 as the tank. Although reverse flow is possible, the same performance cannot be guaranteed and is not recommended.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Coils are interchangeable with other Sun Series 1 solenoid products and can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details. Additional weatherized coils and kits are available for more complete environmental protection.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
8 gpm30 L/min.|
Maximum Operating Pressure||
5000 psi350 bar|
Response Time - Typical||
50 ms50 ms|
Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||
10 in³/min.@3000 psi160 cc/min.@210 bar|
15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
Manual Override Force Requirement||
5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
Manual Override Stroke||
.10 in.2,5 mm|
Solenoid Tube Diameter||
.75 in.19 mm|
Valve Hex Size||
7/8 in.22,2 mm|
Valve Installation Torque||
30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
.60 lb0,30 kg|
Seal kit - Cartridge||
Seal and nut kit - Coil||
Viton: 990-770-006Viton: 990-770-006|
How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?
||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct acting or pilot operated - what do I use?
||Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.