Free-flow, nose-to-side check valves are on/off circuit components that allow free flow from the inlet (port 1) to the outlet (port 2) and block flow in the opposite direction.
- Two-port check valves share the same cavity for a given frame size, however, pay close attention as flow paths may be in opposite directions.
- Check valves offer extremely low leakage rates with a maximum leakage of less than 1 drop per minute (0,07 cc/min).
- Will accept 5000 psi (350 bar) at ports 1 and 2.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP or /LH (see CONFIGURATION section). For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
20 gpm80 L/min.|
Maximum Operating Pressure||
5000 psi350 bar|
Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||
1 drops/min.0,07 cc/min.|
Valve Hex Size||
7/8 in.22,2 mm|
Valve Installation Torque||
30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
.20 lb0,10 kg|
Seal kit - Cartridge||
How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?
||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct acting or pilot operated - what do I use?
||Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.
I need to discharge a large accumulator. How can I increase the capacity of my discharge circuit?
||Because of the very high ratio, the COFO has limited capacity. The discharge path is across a .050 inch (1,3 mm) diameter orifice. If you have large accumulators combined with low precharge pressures, this may not discharge the energy quickly enough. Using the COFO XDN cartridge in conjunction with an LODA XDN will provide capacity for larger applications.