Sun filter elements are available as Surface Type (Last Chance) and Depth Style elements. The flow path is Port 2 to Port 1 and should not be used in reverse, even with a reverse free flow check valve installed. The elements have a high collapse pressure and are intended to be used in line with the system. Filter life will depend on initial system cleanliness and the amount of dirt ingression to the system when operating.
- Installation directly above the subplate will protect the entire valve stack from particles.
- Differential crush pressure is 3000 psid (210 bar).
- The flow path is Port 2 to Port 1 only.
- Cartridges with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- Surface type element features a 304 stainless steel mesh media. All internal components are 304 stainless steel.
- Surface Type elements have a 40 micron nominal rating (63 micron absolute).
- Surface Type elements are designed to capture errant particles that may not be trapped in the main system filter or particles resulting from a component failure.
- With a correctly assembled system, Surface Type elements will be unnoticed during regular operation, but will provide protection from sudden component failure.
- Surface Type (Last Chance) elements have a single layer stainless steel mesh supported by perforated sheet tube.
- Depth type elements are available in 3 µm, 10 µm, and 25 µm nominal ranges.
- 3, 10, and 25 micron elements have a Beta ratio as shown in the Performance Curves tab.
- Depth Type elements feature a pleated microglass media with clear zinc coated components.
40 gpm160 L/min.|
Maximum Operating Pressure||
5000 psi350 bar|
Valve Hex Size||
1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
Valve Installation Torque||
150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
Seal kit - Cartridge||
How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?
||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.