RVGTCCN - Anti Shock, ventable, pilot operated, balanced poppet relief valve
Part Number: RVGTCCN
Manufacturer: Sun Hydraulics
Ventable, pilot-operated, anti shock relief cartridges limit maximum system pressure and also limit the rate of pressure rise. The valve opens and then ramps closed at a constant speed, independent of settings and flows. These 3 port valves include a vent port (port 3) that connects between the main piston and the pilot stage to provide for remote control by other pilot or 2-way valves. The adjust screw determines the maximum (relief) setting and the minimum (threshold) setting.
- Because the modulating occurs inside the cartridge, these valves are immune to most of the problems associated with cavitation, namely noise and manifold erosion.
- Will accept maximum pressure at port 2; suitable for use in cross port relief circuits.
- A remote pilot relief on port 3 (vent) will control the valve below its own setting.
- Not suitable for use in load holding applications.
- When pressure at the inlet (port 1) exceeds the threshold setting, the valve opens to tank (port 2). The pilot section moves forward at a steady rate, increasing the setting by compressing the pilot spring. Maximum setting is achieved when the pilot section reaches a mechanical stop.
- Valve provides protection for hydrostatic drives by reducing the jerk caused by sudden reversals. The valve is suitable for cross-port applications.
- When used with a switching device, the valve can provide the ramp characteristic typically provided by proportional valves.
- Small power units can be started against an anti shock relief to provide longer pump life.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- The main stage orifice is protected against contamination.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||60 gpm240 L/min.|
|Factory Pressure Settings Established at||4 gpm15 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Control Pilot Flow||15 - 20 in³/min.0,25 - 0,33 L/min.|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|U.S. Patent #||6,039,0706,039,070|
|Pressure Ramp Up Time||300 - 500 ms300 - 500 ms|
|Adjustment - Number of Clockwise Turns to Increase Setting||4.54.5|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/4 in.31,8 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||150 - 160 lbf ft203 - 217 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.60 lb0,70 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990-217-006|
|Where would I use a kick-down relief?||One graphic example is on a portable grain auger for silos. When the farmer gets caught in the auger the kick-down relief trips and allows him to escape.|
|What are the tolerances on pressure settings for Sun's pressure control valves?||Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.|
|How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.|
|Can I use a kick-down relief for my system relief?||Maybe not. We build in a good amount of overlap in the kick-down reliefs to prevent false tripping. This means they are not as fast as our standard pilot-operated reliefs. A direct-acting relief valve set just above the kick-down relief valve would be good insurance.|
|Direct acting or pilot operated - what do I use?||Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.|
- Tri-Grip Handknob Now Offered From Sun as a Standard Control Option
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Pilot Operated, Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet, Anti Shock Reliefs
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- 'Soft' Relief Eliminates Pressure Spikes
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Valves
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Fluid and Temperature Recommendations
- Performance Data
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Patents are pending for this product.