RBAAFWN - Direct-acting relief valve - pilot capacity
Part Number: RBAAFWN
Manufacturer: Sun Hydraulics
Direct-acting, pilot relief cartridges are used to remotely control the pressure setting of other pilot-operated valves. Because capacity is limited to pilot flow, these valves should be used with other higher flow valves.
- Main stage orifice is protected by a 150 micron stainless steel screen.
- Suitable for use in load holding applications.
- Back pressure on the tank port (port 2) is directly additive to the valve setting at a 1:1 ratio.
- Cartridges configured with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- W and Y controls (where applicable) can be specified with or without a special setting. When no special setting is specified, the valve is adjustable throughout its full range using the W or Y control. When a special setting is specified, this setting represents the maximum setting of the valve.
- Corrosion resistant cartridge valves are intended for use in corrosive environments and are identified by the model code suffix /AP for external stainless steel components, or /LH for external zinc-nickel plated components. See the CONFIGURATION section for all options. For further details, please see the Materials of Construction page located under TECH RESOURCES.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||.5 gpm2 L/min.|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Response Time - Typical||2 ms2 ms|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||5 drops/min.0,3 cc/min.|
|Adjustment - Number of Clockwise Turns to Increase Setting||55|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Adjustment Screw Internal Hex Size||5/32 in.4 mm|
|Locknut Hex Size||9/16 in.15 mm|
|Locknut Torque||80 - 90 lbf in.9 - 10 Nm|
|Model Weight||.50 lb0,25 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990-203-006|
|Direct acting or pilot operated - what do I use?||Direct-acting valves are used to prevent over pressure, and pilot-operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct-acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot-operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.|
|Where would I use a kick-down relief?||One graphic example is on a portable grain auger for silos. When the farmer gets caught in the auger the kick-down relief trips and allows him to escape.|
|What are the tolerances on pressure settings for Sun's pressure control valves?||Pressure setting tolerances are listed in our Performance Data page. A link to this page can also be found in the Additional Resources tab of the applicable product page.|
|How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.|
|Can I use a kick-down relief for my system relief?||Maybe not. We build in a good amount of overlap in the kick-down reliefs to prevent false tripping. This means they are not as fast as our standard pilot-operated reliefs. A direct-acting relief valve set just above the kick-down relief valve would be good insurance.|
- Pilot-Operated, Balanced Poppet, Anti Shock Reliefs
- CavitySaver multi-function valves deliver single-cartridge solutions
- 'Soft' Relief Eliminates Pressure Spikes
- Tri-Grip Handknob Now Offered From Sun as a Standard Control Option
- QuickDesign with SmartConnect Offers Drag-and-Drop Schematic Tool
- Sun Introduces 'Hybrid' Valves
- CE/TÜV Certified Pressure Relief Valves
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Cartridge Valve Technical Tips
- Pilot Operated, Balanced Poppet Relief Valves
- Sun Expands Corrosion-Resistant Solutions
- Sun Offers Zinc-Nickel Plating for Corrosion Resistance
- Sun Cartridges with EPDM Seals
- Series 4 PLUS Cartridges Offer Higher Flows with Lower Pressure Losses
- Manufacturing Sun Cartridge Cavities
- Pressure Relief and Regulating Valves
- Sun's Floating Style Screw-In Cartridge
- Units of Measure, Settings, and Conversions
- Cavity Information (S-171) and Tooling
- Sun Model Code Explanation; 999-901-334
- Cartridges: Materials of Construction
- Fluid and Temperature Recommendations
- Performance Data
- For Series 2 cartridges configured with an O control (panel mount handknob), a 1.00 in. (25,4 mm) diameter hole is required in the panel.
Return to Store Home
Mouse move on Image to zoom