FTDCXYV - 4-way, 3-position, meter in proportional directional valve
Part Number: FTDCXYV
Manufacturer: Sun Hydraulics
This valve is a 4-way, 3 position, proportional directional valve. Work ports 2 and 4 are drained to 5 in the center position and port 3 is closed. Pilot pressure at port 1 opposes the spring and creates a variable metering orifice between ports 3 and 4 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. Piloting 6 opens 3 to 2. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self compensation as the load pressure changes.
Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Nominal operating pressures for port 1 and port 6 should not exceed 500 psi (35 bar).
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||18 gpm70 L/min.|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||80 psi5,5 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required for Full Shift at Rated Flow||300 psi20 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.04 in³0,66 cc|
|Hysteresis||± 2 %± 2 %|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.00 lb0,45 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990-052-006|
|How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.|
|Direct acting, pilot operated, what do I use?||Direct acting valves are used to prevent over pressure and pilot operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.|