FTCGXCN - 3-way, 2-position, proportional directional valve
Part Number: FTCGXCN
Manufacturer: Sun Hydraulics
This valve is a 3-way, 2 position, proportional directional valve. In the spring biased position, a metered path is open between 2 and 3 with port 4 blocked. Pilot pressure at port 1 creates a metering orifice between 3 and 4 that is proportional to the pressure at 1. The force balance of the flow forces, spring and pilot pressure results in a degree of partial self compensation as the load pressure changes. The spring chamber is drained through port 6 and port 5 is not used.
Depending on the spool specified, ports 2, 3, and 4 are either closed or restricted during transition.
- Nominal operating pressures for port 1 and port 6 should not exceed 500 psi (35 bar).
- Using 2 3-ways to create a 4-way allows one to choose existing flow ranges instead of cutting a special spool.
- These valves may be pressure compensated by an external, modulating, logic element. Use LR_C-XHN for a bypass circuit or LP_C-XHN for a restrictive circuit.
- The valve provides a degree of self-compensation and may be used as a flow control. To increase the accuracy of flow control, an external, modulating, logic element can be used to maintain a constant flow over a wider range of flows and pressures. See performance curves for additional information.
- Pressure at ports 1 and 6 directly oppose each other.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
|Capacity||7 gpm28 L/min.|
|Minimum Pilot Pressure Required to Shift Valve||50 psi3,5 bar|
|Pilot Pressure Required for Full Shift at Rated Flow||300 psi20 bar|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5000 psi350 bar|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||2 in³/min.30 cc/min.|
|Pilot Volume Displacement||.04 in³0,66 cc|
|Hysteresis||± 2 %± 2 %|
|Valve Hex Size||1 1/8 in.28,6 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||45 - 50 lbf ft61 - 68 Nm|
|Model Weight||1.00 lb0,45 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990-052-006|
|How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.|
|I used a DP** in a circuit but it hangs. What happened?||DP**s and DR**s are from the reducer/reliever family and are very capable of modulating. They are not bistable.|
|Where would I use a DR__ instead of a DP__?||In many circuits the directional cartridge is set to shift at a low pressure no matter how high the pilot pressure goes. If you use a DP__ , the pilot flow increases to significant amounts. A DR__ however will only consume a small amount of flow. A DP__ is useful when you want to block or open the pilot flow to shift the valve.|
|Direct acting, pilot operated, what do I use?||Direct acting valves are used to prevent over pressure and pilot operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.|