FPCCTAN914 - Electro-proportional flow control valve - normally closed
Part Number: FPCCTAN914
Manufacturer: Sun Hydraulics
This valve is a normally-closed, electro-proportional throttle. The valve is spring biased closed. Energizing the coil generates an opening force on the spool proportional to the command current and this force is countered by the spring and flow forces. This force balance creates a metering orifice whose effective size is proportional to the current. The valve exhibits a large degree of self-compensation in the 1 to 2 direction and will provide proportional flow control in the 2 to 1 direction with the addition of an external compensator. Full reverse flow (2 to 1) with 100% command in the 2 to 1 direction is possible without a compensator under all conditions.
- Available in either a normally open or normally closed configuration with three different capacity ranges.
- Capable of operating with pressures up to 5000 psi.
- Low leakage levels in the closed position.
- This cartridge has several manual override choices, including no manual override. See Option Configuration.
- Cartridges with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
|Capacity||10 gpm40 L/min.|
|Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||6 in³/min.@3000 psi100 cc/min.@210 bar|
|Manual Override Force Requirement||5 lbs/1000 psi @ Port 133 N/100 bar @ Port 1|
|Manual Override Stroke||.10 in.2,5 mm|
|Solenoid Tube Diameter||.75 in.19 mm|
|Valve Hex Size||7/8 in.22,2 mm|
|Valve Installation Torque||30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
|Model Weight (with coil)||1.10 lb0,50 kg|
|Seal kit - Cartridge||Viton: 990-413-006|
|Seal and nut kit - Coil||Viton: 990-770-006Viton: 990-770-006|
|What happens if I block the bypass port on a priority flow control?||The valve acts as a 2 port restrictive flow control.|
|How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.|
|How accurate are Sun's flow controls?|
|I have a heat problem, will Sun's priority flow control help?|
|What happens if I block the control flow (priority) port?||All flow is blocked, hence the term priority. The priority flow has to be satisfied.|
|What is the compensating pressure of Sun's flow controls?|
|What is the pressure drop through a flow control?|