This direct acting, solenoid-operated, 4-way, 3-position spool valve is spring centered to the neutral position. When coil A is energized, the flow is from port 3 (P) to port 2 (A) and from port 4 (B) to port 1 (T). When coil B is energized, the flow is from port 3 to port 4 and from port 2 to port 1.
- The solenoid tube assembly is fatigue rated for 5000 psi (350 bar) service.
- This valve is direct actuated and requires no minimum hydraulic pressure for operation.
- In differential flow circuits, the higher return flow should be directed through port 2 (A) to port 1 (T).
- Cartridges with EPDM seals are for use in systems with phosphate ester fluids. Exposure to petroleum based fluids, greases and lubricants will damage the seals.
- This valve utilizes a wet armature design. This means that the working fluid surrounds the armature and is exposed to the heat generated by the coil. This can be a factor if the coil is energized for long periods of time. Some fluids, notably water/glycol mixtures, break down at these temperatures over time and form varnishes that will affect the function of the cartridge.
- A wide variety of coil termination and voltage options are available, with and without surge protection. See the CONFIGURATION section.
- The solenoid's unique magnetic design results in a high efficiency solenoid, yielding high spool actuating force per Watt expended, leading to reliable valve shifting.
- Coils are interchangeable with other Sun Series 1 solenoid products and can be mounted on the tube in either direction.
- Coil connector options offer ratings up to IP69K. See individual coil product pages for details. Additional weatherized coils and kits are available for more complete environmental protection.
- Incorporates the Sun floating style construction to minimize the possibility of internal parts binding due to excessive installation torque and/or cavity/cartridge machining variations.
5 gpm20 L/min.|
Maximum Operating Pressure||
5000 psi350 bar|
Response Time - Typical||
50 ms50 ms|
Maximum Valve Leakage at 110 SUS (24 cSt)||
10 in³/min.@3000 psi160 cc/min.@210 bar|
15000 cycles/hr15000 cycles/hr|
Solenoid Tube Diameter||
.75 in.19 mm|
Valve Hex Size||
7/8 in.22,2 mm|
Valve Installation Torque||
30 - 35 lbf ft41 - 47 Nm|
Seal kit - Cartridge||
Seal and nut kit - Coil||
Viton: 990-770-006Viton: 990-770-006|
How big is a drop of hydraulic oil?
||There are exactly 250 Sun drops in a cubic inch or 15 in a cc.
Direct acting, pilot operated, what do I use?
||Direct acting valves are used to prevent over pressure and pilot operated valves are used to regulate pressure. If you are unsure, use a direct acting valve. Sun's direct acting valves are very fast, dirt tolerant, stable, and robust. Sun's pilot operated valves are moderately fast, they have a low pressure rise vs. flow curve, and they are easy to adjust.