Up To 80% Energy Savings With Sytronix Variable-Speed Pump Drive from Bosch Rexroth
Sytronix is the "smart integration of hydraulics and electronics": a bold combination of the key features and most important advantages of both technologies in one platform. Sytronix Variable Speed Pump Drives offer the reliability of powerful Rexroth hydraulics, fully integrated with the energy efficiency and dynamics of compact electronics.
Due to increasing energy costs and speed-controlled drives offered cheaper and cheaper, variable-speed solutions are on the rise. With energy savings between 30 % and 80 %, the investment in the energy-efficient hydraulics of Bosch Rexroth pays off quickly.
WATCH: Sytronix Product Overview
Noise Reduction & Energy Savings - Bosch Rexroth Sytronix Packs A Quiet, Efficient Punch
Reduced energy consumption
Energy savings of up to 80% decrease operating costs and reduce harmful carbon dioxide emissions and your overall carbon footprint in accordance with regulations (e.g. EC Directive No. 640/2009).
Lower noise emission
- Reducing the hydraulic power unit’s average noise emission by up to 20 dB (A) makes it easier to meet noise control regulations and reduces soundproofing expenses.
Sytronix Operating Principles - How Does Bosch Rexroth Sytronix Work So Quietly And Efficiently?
The Sytronix variable-speed pump drives are a true innovation in hydraulic systems.
With this approach, Rexroth replaces the classic proportional valve technology through a drive system based on a motor pump unit with high functionality and power density.
Depending on the system, the Sytronix variable-speed pump drive consists essentially of a unit equipped with frequency converter and control electronics, a standard or servo electric motor, and a hydraulic pump.
The flow rate of the system results from the drive speed of the electric motor and the pump adjustment. The machine control transfers the pressure/volume flow target values to the control during the running operation. The system pressure is measured by a pressure transducer and is also sent to the controller. Based on the control deviation, the built-in PID controller calculates the required motor speed and adapts it accordingly to the existing system requirements of flow rate and pressure.
Suitable Applications of Sytronix Variable-Speed Pump Drive
Open and closed-loop axis control
- For closed hydraulic circuits, Sytronix SvP servo-variable pump drives with high dynamics and comprehensive electrical and electrohydraulic control options are the perfect fit. In open hydraulic circuits, the Sytronix DFE system sets including pumps with a pressure/flow (p/Q) control are an alternative. They are another addition to the performance portfolio and are also suitable for machines with multiple hydraulic circuits.
- In cascading systems, multiple Sytronix systems work together to efficiently generate the required flow rate based on actual demand
Constant pressure systems
- For constant pressure systems, the cost-efficient Sytronix FcP drives with frequency-controlled asynchronous motors are intended for standard applications up to 90 kW
- After deciding on the most suitable product family using the selection guide, you can choose among preconfigured Sytronix sets FcP, SvP and DFE the appropriate drive solution that perfectly fulfills your requirements. If a special set is not available, Bosch Rexroth will help you to create your individual solution.
Rexroth offers variable-speed pump drives in three performance classes:
1. Basic Dynamic - Sytronix FCP (Frequency Controlled Pump Drive)
FcP systems are suitable for standard applications for constant pressure control in an open hydraulic circuit up to 90 kW. Machine tools are a typical application.
2. High Dynamic - Sytronix SvP (Servo Variable Pump Drive)
SvP systems use the high dynamics of synchronous motors and achieve considerable energy savings. They are suitable for axis control tasks in both open and closed hydraulic circuits requiring high dynamics in addition to comprehensive electrical and electrohydraulic control options. Applications include plastics processing machines and presses.
3. High Power & Dynamic - Sytronix DFE (Variable-Speed Drive With Additional Pressure And Flow Rate Controller On The Pump)
Particularly in high performance areas, DFE systems ensure an excellent price-performance ratio by using variable pumps and are especially suitable for retrofitting existing drives. In addition, they can also be used for axis control tasks with high effective performance in an open hydraulic circuit, as well as for machines with multiple hydraulic circuits.
Want to learn more about energy efficiency and noise reduction with Bosch Rexroth Sytronix technology? Contact our technical support team today for more info!